Repairing Pattern-Maker Error

I started a second quilt at the retreat this past weekend and had hoped to have it done by Monday morning.  That was not to be, however, because the pattern-maker made a mistake in the pattern.  The measurements should have been 2-1/2″ for the center piece and thereafter 2″ WOF (width of fabric) for the “log cabin” rounds which would’ve resulted in a block 6-1/2″ square.  Would’ve been nice to know that before I cut everything according to the pattern which had everything off by more than an inch when all was said and done.


So I added another round of “logs” and that made it a bit bigger so I’m very glad, at this point, that I had fabric left over.  One of the ladies at the retreat said she wanted my fabric if I had any left over and I thought I would be able to accommodate her but I do not think that is the case now.

Anyway, I should be done with getting it together (pardon the pun) today and then I can get back to quilting the quilt I have on the frame and ultimately, to my nephew’s son’s quilt which really has to be next.